Craving your favorite food from a specific restaurant is very natural but we all are stuck at home due to the lockdown caused by the corona pandemic. Remembering the taste, color, and the spice of your favorite seafood dish ‘Prawn malai curry’? Wondering how to make Golda Chingrirmalai curry / Prawn Malai curry recipe at home? Well don’t worry today we are sharing our secret and very special Prawn Malai Curry recipe that you can try your hands on and enjoy your favorite seafood at home. Yeah, you can thank us later. Step by step recipe for delicious Prawn Malai Curry is outlined below:
Golda ChingrirMalaicurry :-
- Golda Chingri (Scampi/ prawn): 10 pieces (100gms each)
- Onion chopped: 200 gm
- Ginger paste: 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste: 1 tbsp
- Grated Coconut: 1 cup
- Poppy Seeds (Posto): 25 gms
- Cashew nut: 25 gms
- Green chilies: 2-3
- Black Peppercorns: 1 tsp
- Cinnamon: 1″ stick
- Black Cardamom: 1
- Cloves: 4-5
- Bay Leaves: 1 or 2
- Cumin powder: 1 tsp
- Red chili powder: 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Coconut cream: 1 cup
- Mustard oil: 50 ml
- Ghee: 2 tbsp.
- Salt and Sugar to taste
- Coriander leaves (chopped): 1 tsp
- Wash the prawns, devein it, and break the claws into long pieces. marinade it with salt and turmeric and leave for a while.
- In the meantime, dry roast the black peppercorns, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and garlic on a tawa or griddle, till they leave an aroma. Crush them finely in a mortar and pestle. (you can also use grinder)
- To the grated coconut, Poppy seeds, Cashew nut blend them together in a mixer to smooth paste.
- Heat the mustard oil in a pan to its smoking point and fry the marinated prawns & keep aside
- Remove it from the pan and to the same oil add the bay leaves, add chopped onion and sauté until light brown, add ginger & garlic paste, add green chilies, keep stir frying
- Add the turmeric powder, cumin powder and red chili powder.
- Add coconut, Poppy seed & cashew nut paste
- Cook the spices on medium heat till the oil separates out. add salt
- Add coconut cream and simmer it for a few more minutes.
- Add the prawn and cook for 5-8 minutes. For prawns it will be done in 2-3 minutes.
- Add ground garam masala &Ghee, Check the seasoning
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with pulao /pilaf.
N.B. in the preparation we have used Gold Chingri (Scampi) 10 count per Kg, if you want you can use smaller or bigger size of prawn depending on your requirement, you can use tiger prawns also
It is easy to make the prawn malai curry recipe at home and you can enjoy the restaurant-style taste and flavor of this wonderful dish. Vitamins and essential minerals like Vitamin A, Vitamin E, calcium, B12, B6, and niacin are found in abundance in prawns thus making this prawn malai curry recipe healthy and tasty.
Involve your family in cooking, let them help you, cooking brings happiness and delicious food provides the most required joy in such difficult time. Happy cooking!